Abilene Woman's Club Building
Marker Text: Founded in 1928, the Abilene Woman's Club had several club homes before hiring noted architect David S. Castle to design a clubhouse at this site, then on the edge of town. Contractor Oscar Rose completed the structure in 1955, and the building's construction and subsequent use influenced further development of south Abilene. With numerous meeting spaces and a great hall, the clubhouse serves many cultural and civic organizations and programs. The building's architecture is an example of post-World War II Colonial Revival design.
Marker No: 13446
Medallion & Plate
Geographic: 32.432117, -99.768242
Location: 3425 South 14th Street, Abilene