Marker Text: Built 1896 by Horatio ("Rashe") Adams, noted citizen and public relations man in Washington, D. C. The contractor was A. A. White.
After 1911, the house was called the "Dr. John W. Black Place," for its owner. It was later sold to Mrs. Willie L. Moreland. In 1924, the house was purchased by Miss Lil White, present owner.
Victorian in style, structure had a separate Kitchen (now the garage) once supplied with water from a backyard artesian well. (1968)
Marker No: 10896
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 30° 52' 27.46812", -96° 35' 28.39878999996"
Location: 1105 Magnolia Street, Hearne