Christ United Methodist Church
Marker Text: Congregation organized 1871 by the Rev. R.M. Leaton, with 2 charter members.
Circuit riders first held services here in a picket schoolhouse. J.R. King, early Texas settler, patriot, and state legislator, gave this site in 1876 for church. Present (1937) building is fourth at the same location. (1971)
Marker No: 845
Aluminum 20 x 20 Subject Marker
Geographic: 29.236538, -97.960777
Location: Main Street, Stockdale