Columbus Church of Christ
Marker Text: Built as St. John's Church, by pioneer local Episcopal parish, organized in 1850s. After holding services in courthouse and other structures for years, the parish erected this building, which was consecrated on April 3, 1879.
Columbus Church of Christ has been active since 1887. Holding services in courthouse or other sites for years. Purchasing this property Aug. 1943. This building has been in continuous use for worship since March 6, 1874. (1973)
Marker No: 979
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 29.709322, -96.540413
Location: 815 Milam Street, Columbus