Fairview Methodist Church
Marker Text: Organized before 1876, holding services in schoolhouse until building site was given by W. F. and Jennie Mitchell and J. F. and Martha Prewitt. A small red rock meeting house was built, serving until wrecked by tropical storm in 1886. In 1891, during pastorate of the Rev. A. J. King, the members built a frame structure, which in turn was wrecked by a storm in 1942. Out of the ruins, third building was constructed in 1943.
Fairview congregation merged with Floresville church in 1955.
Memorial services are held each year at Fairview Cemetery. (1972)
Marker No: 1555
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Geographic: 29.088318, -98.324341
Location: From Floresville take FM 536 west. Turn south onto FM 2505, about 1 mile to church.