First Baptist Church of Rosebud
Marker No: 1670
Aluminum 27 x 42 Subject Marker
Geographic: 31.079565, -96.973419
Location: 105 Main Street, Rosebud
Marker Text: One year the railroad town of Rosebud was platted, the first baptist church was established with eleven charter members, on March 23,1890, the small congregation organized in a schoolhouse on the Gott Farm. In September of that year the church joined the Waco Baptist Association, but in 1891 became a charter member of the newly created falls county baptist association.
Worship Services were held on the Gott Farm until 1892, that year the Texas town site company deeded a lot on this block for the construction of a church and services have been held at this site ever since. The congregation later acquired the entire block, and built several progressive larger church structures here over the years to accommodate its growth.
Since the ladies' aid society was formed in 1893, the congregation has been active in missionary and social service endeavors including revitalizing a local Hispanic baptist mission, providing disaster relief , and ministering to the elderly.
From its humble beginnings, the First Baptist Church of Rosebud has become an important part of the religious life of this community. It continues to uphold the ideals of its founders. (1992)