First County Courthouse
Marker Text: Erected 1854; first permanent courthouse in Castroville, the first seat (1848-1892) of Medina County. When built, structure was on old road to San Antonio.
This building took place of temporary office space which County Court had used 6 years. It was built by Joseph Burger and has 18-inch-thick walls of native limestone.
Additions to original building include one-story wings on both sides and outside staircase to the second floor.
After Hondo became County Seat this building was used as a school; now houses City Hall. (1968)
Marker No: 1724
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Geographic: 29.357040, -98.876892
Location: 1209 North Fiorella Street, Castroville