First Presbyterian Church
Marker Text: Built at Sterling before Civil War, on land of Judge Robert Calvert, Texas legislator and descendant of Lord Baltimore (Maryland colonizer).
Leaded glass in windows was imported. Other materials and labor were from Calvert's plantation.
Calvert's heirs gave building to the church - then Cumberland Presbyterian. It was moved to Calvert 1868, remodeled 1877. Placed at this site in 1913. (1967)
Marker No: 10923
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: Beech and Barton Streets, Calvert