Hancock - Heller Home
Marker Text: Original structure built 1865 by John S. Hancock, county tax collector. Walls are of cypress with hard cedar floors. A "dog-trot" hall divides front section.
In 1884 another owner moved a second house here and placed it at the rear. He also added elaborate Victorian detailing to the front porch and gable.
In 1906 family of P.F. Heller, rancher and merchant, purchased home, which is still occupied by Heller descendants. (1970)
Marker No: 2354
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 29.707752, -96.540657
Location: 934 Milam Street, Columbus