Marker Text: Began as "Cordwood Junction," a siding on the Fort Worth & Rio Grande Railroad. Flatcars loaded wood here to be shipped over a wide area. As demand for the fuel increased, the railroad built a station house at site.
It was named in 1892 for O. H. Hasse, thought to have been the local railway agent, 1890s.
Cotton and cattle brought more business to town. A cotton gin, stock pens, and lumber yard were built. With the advent of automobiles, migration to urban centers, and highways, however, Hasse began to dwindle. Today only a few buildings remain. (1970)
Marker No: 2405
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Location: From Comanche, take US 67/377 east about 6 miles.