Junction of Two Important Rivers the
Guadalupe and the Comal
Marker Text: Site claimed May 8, 1718, for King of Spain by Gov. Martin de Alarcon, and used by priests and army units in traffic to east Texas.
In 1845, ferry here, run by Adolph Von Wedemeyer aided German immigrants settling central Texas.
In 1860's this was site of brick kiln and tannery. (1968)
Marker No: 6117
Aluminum 14 x 24 Subject Marker
Location: backyard of home located at 246 East Lincoln Street, New Braunfels