Lytle Gap Potosi Methodist Church
Marker Text: Organized about 1879 as Lytle Gap Methodist Episcopal Church, South, this fellowship first met in private homes and a schoolhouse. The church name was changed after the community became known as Potosi in the 1890s. This sanctuary, the second for the church, was constructed in 1906 during the pastorate of the Reverend E. L. Sisk. Built on a foundation of stones from a local creek, it features Victorian gingerbread detailing. (1980)
Marker No: 3157
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 32.327713, -99.658783
Location: From Abilene, take FM 1750 southeast about 8 miles, then follow county road .25 mile north. Church reported destroyed by fire September 2015.