Mud Creek Cemetery
Marker Text: Named for nearby Mud Creek, this graveyard has served residents of the Thrifty and Fry communities for more than 100 years. The first person known to be buried at the site was infant Martha Blackwell, who died in 1864. However, a rock slab that bears an illegible name indicates the cemetery was used as early as 1862. Others buried in Mud Creek Cemetery include pioneer settler Charles Mullins (1790-1880) who brought his family to the area in 1858, victims of Indian attacks, and persons involved in the 1926-27 area oil boom. (1983)
Marker No: 3523
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Location: From Bangs take US 84 west one mile. Turn north onto FM 585, continue 1/2 mile past FM 2492. Turn west onto county road and continue one mile to cemetery. On south of highway through cattle guard.