North Brown Cemetery
Location: From Goldthwaite, take SH 16 about 5 miles north, then go west on local road 1 mile, then north 1 mile on second local road.
Marker Text: Named for creek followed by homeseekers, this burial ground originated about 1857 when death struck at a nearby campsite. In the 1870s North Brown farming community surrounded this site. It had a school and held church services in the schoolhouse. In 1895 local leaders A. A. Boulter, G. M. O'Quin, and J. S. Weatherby secured a deed to the acreage in which graves had so long existed, and the North Brown Cemetery Association was formed. After school had closed, proceeds from sale of its site were pledged in 1967 for cemetery care. Pioneer families continue burials here. (1976)
Marker No: 3606
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker