Pleasant Grove Cemetery
Location: From Goldthwaite, take Highway 572 SE about 12 miles, then go south on county road about 1 mile.
Marker Text: Named for the live oaks banking Simms Creek, Pleasant Grove was settled by Civil War veterans from both the North and South. The farm of Tom Berry (1844-1926) of Alabama adjoined this cemetery, opened with the burial of his daughter Mary (1872-1876). Pleasant Grove Methodist Church and a community school also stood nearby. Donations maintained the site until a cemetery association was organized in 1969. Church trustees added 15 acres to the burial ground in 1970. In over 400 graves, many unmarked, lie early settlers and their descendants. (1976) (
Marker No: 4047
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker