Plumeyer Bakery Building
Additional Plate: New Braunfels Art League, a non-profit organization, purchased this property in 1990. With help of many, it has been renovated as a cultural arts center.
Marker No: 13810
Medallion & Plate
Marker Text: In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, this site was home to two drugstores and a bakery. In 1913, Kathinka Clemens constructed this building to serve as a bakery for A.C. and Helen Plumeyer, who used the second floor as a residence. Known also as City Bakery, the business operated until 1926. Various businesses later occupied the building, including the B&B Poll Parrot Bootery and Mode-O-Day. From 1928 to 1959, the second floor housed offices of physicians A.J. Hinman and H.E. Karbach. The brick commercial structure exhibits influences of Craftsman design. (2005)
Texas Historical Marker
Geographic: 29.701668, -98.126167
Location: 239 West San Antonio Street, New Braunfels