Saint Mary's Help of Christians Catholic Church
Marker Text: In 1850s when first Catholic families came to Blanco County, worship was in homes and halls. Land was purchased in 1887. By efforts of Father Virgilius Draessel and people of Twin Sisters, this church was built and dedicated in 1889.
Stone for foundation came from quarry about a mile from site. Other building materials came by wagon over 30 miles of rough roads and trails. (1965)
Marker No: 4471
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 29.994390, -98.392738
Location: from Blanco, take US 281 south 6 miles, then go east on CR 473 about one mile; one north side of road