Marker Text: Used as a park long before formally deeded to people by Capt. Charles Schreiner in 1916.
Picnics and gatherings were held here, as well as political rallies. A large rock doubled as podium. When the Confederate veterans reunion was held here, 1908, rains caused Llano River to flood. For 3 days people on both sides of the river were conveyed back and forth by an aerial "tramway" to visit and attend meetings and programs.
Park donor Charles Schreiner (1838-1927) was born in France. He pioneered in banking, marketing mohair; ran large general store. (1970)
Marker No: 4604
Aluminum 18x 28 Subject Marker
Location: on banks of Llano River (South Fork)(enter park through North 2nd Street and Pecan Street), Junction