Site of 42nd Reunion of Hood's Texas Brigade (June 27 - 28, 1913)
Marker Text: Honored the late general John B. Hood, for whom Fort Hood was named, meetings were in First Baptist Church. Transportation from Carnegie Library (convention headquarters) was by one of the first auto parades in Temple.
J.W. Stevens, chaplain, Hood's original brigade, conducted the annual memorial ceremony. Other speakers included Dr.T. A. Pope, of Cameron, and Hon W.B. Lane. State comptroller. Convention ended with rousing rendition of Confederate war song, "Dixie".
This association founded in 1872, held reunions until 1934. (1967)
Marker No: 39
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Geographic: 31.098227, -97.339699
Location: 111 North Main Street, Temple