St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Marker Text: Begun as a mission, 1861, by the Very Rev. W. R. Richardson, Dean of St. Mark's, San Antonio. R. P. Wilkinson donated site. Church was built 1882, consecrated in 1885 by the Rt. Rev. R. W. Elliott, first bishop of western Texas. Elevated to parish status in 1913, under the Rev. Frank Juhan, later bishop of Florida. (1972)
Marker No. 5083
Aluminum 20 x 20 Subject Marker
Location: At corner of Franklin and Chilton, Goliad.