The Davis Mill Built in 1864 by William A. Davis
Marker Text: first stone mill with carding machine in this vicinity. A sawmill and gin were added in 1866. French burrs, Leffel water wheel and silk bolt brought from Galveston by wagon in 1871. Made flour for Central Texas homes. No widow paid toll at the Davis Mill.
Marker No: 1179
Pink Granite 1936 Centennial with Brass Plaque
Location: At South Main Street and Salado Creek, Salado.