The Heinatz Homestead
Marker Text: Built in fall of 1850, along with adjoining store and post office, all of native stone, by John Frederick Heinatz (1822-91), a settler from Germany. He was for many years postmaster of Bagdad, a public school trustee, superintendent of Sunday School, banker, and practical advisor to his neighbors.
He married Emilie Krohn and had nine children, six boys and three girls, seven of whom lived to adulthood in this home. (1972)
Marker No: 9104
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: 1 mile west of Leander on FM 2243, 0.2 miles south on Bagdad Road