Town of D'Hanis
Marker Text: Established in 1847 by 29 families under the leadership of Theodore Gentilz, representing Henri Castro (1781...1861), distinguished pioneer and colonizer of Texas who introduced the early settlers of Medina County. Named in honor of Guillaume (William) D'Hanis manager of the Colonization Society. When the Southern Pacific Railroad missed the town, its citizens moved to present D'Hanis. (1936)
Marker No: 5526
Gray Granite 1936 Centennial Marker
Location: 1 1/2 mile southeast off US 90 in old D'Hanis.