Marker Text: Founded in 1827 by Josiah Pugh Wilbarger of Austin's Colony
Beginning of Wilbarger's Trace, blazed by his son James Harvey Wilbarger 1860 with slaves and ox-wagons carrying commerce to Corpus Christi and Matamoros, Mex (1926)
This is not a state approved marker it was erected by Wilbarger Descendants
Geographic: 30° 10.545′ N, 97° 24.934′ W
Location: Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 969 and Wilbarger Bend (County Route 65), on the right when traveling west on Route 969.