Allen Hardware Store
Marker Text: Built 1872 on land purchased from International Railroad Company by Drew and Holt of Hearne. After ownerships by Jas. Ferguson, W. T. Watt, R. A. Allen and H. K. Davis, Allen bought store in 1891; was joined by son Robert. Their heirs still own and operate the store.
Goods carried in the past included seeds, saddles, wagons, building hardware, implements and coffins. (1968)
Marker No: 10898
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: 3rd and Magnolia Streets, Hearne