Zephyr Presbyterian Church
Marker Text: The congregation of the Zephyr Presbyterian Church traces its history to 1890. In 1909 members of the church and community volunteers, with the assistance of Swiss stonemason John Chailette completed a church building. Worship services were held twice a month by a minister shared with the nearby Blanket Presbyterian Church. Sunday School classes, summer Bible school, and ice cream suppers sponsored by the church contributed to the social and religious life of the community until 1944, when the church was disbanded. In 1948 the building became a community center. (1992) Text of supplemental plate: In 1948 this building was donated by C. R. Boase to become a community center for the benefit and pleasure of its citizens.
Additional Plate: In 1948 this building was donated by C. R. Boase to become a community center for the benefit and pleasures of its citizens
Marker No: 5951
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Geographic: 31.679775, -98.796921
Location: Bowsal and 2nd Streets, Zephyr