Marker Text: Founded 1852, by Augustin Toutant-Beauregard, of landed Creole gentry who traced lineage to 16th century Spanish nobility.
Brother was Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant- Beauregard.
Stone-mounted iron rings were part of scaffolding used to butcher hogs. (1967)
Aluminum 14 x 24 Subject Marker (Missing- Shirley Grammer with Wilson County Historical Commission kindly forwarded us a copy of a photo)
Marker No. 348
Geographic: 29.019285, -98.053207
Location: From Poth take US 181 4.5 miles south. Marker is on west side of highway.