Marker Text: Built by Dr. Stephen Cocke as hunting lodge on Green Lake; of hand-hewn pine lumber bought in New York.
In 1854 lodge was torn down, boards numbered; then rebuilt on present site.
Since 1871 home of pioneer lawyer William L. Callender and his descendants. (1962)
Marker No: 635
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places
Geographic: 28.816830, -97.005501
Location: 404 West Guadalupe Street, Victoria