Church of the Ascension
Location: From Uvalde: Take SH 55 about 20 miles northwest to Montell; church on west side of 55.
Marker Text: Bishop W. P. Elliott held first Episcopal rites in Montell, 1980. Church was built with donations from friends throughout the world, under the leadership of the Rev. Richard Galbraith, who came from Ireland in 1883. The first service was held in this edifice Christmas Day, 1890.
Services of Consecration by the Right Rev. J. S. Johnston, Bishop of West Texas, 1891. (1966)
Marker No: 858
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 29.539021, -100.012032