Cobb's Creek Missionary Baptist Church
Marker Text: In 1883 a small group of people gathered together to organize a missionary Baptist church. Named for its location near Cobbs Creek, the congregation called the Rev. E. W. Mitchell as its first pastor. Land at this site was acquired in 1901, and church members worked together to raise funds for a new sanctuary. The name of the church was changed to Elwood Baptist Church in 1962. Additional facilities were built over the years to accommodate the growing congregation, which continues to serve the community with worship and educational programs.
Marker No. 11253
Aluminium 18 x 28 Subject Plate
Geographic: 30.999836, -95.925552
Location: On OSR, about 6 miles west of Midway in Elwood