First Christian Church of Taylor
Marker Text: Founded Dec. 9, 1877, with 22 charter members from churches in "old home" states. Gen. R.M. Gano of Dallas preached daily during ensuing week, and 20 others joined the church. The initial meeting was in an Odd Fellows hall. In 1878 a church building was erected.
Present Gothic revival church was built 1891. Architect: E.B. Mackin. distinctive interior is preserved, although bell tower has been removed. (1970)
Marker No: 9091
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 30.572845, -97.398949
Location: 6th & Talbot Streets, Taylor