Marker Text: Founded before mid-1800s. Named for early settler L.T. "Uncle Lee" Lawler. Beloved by citizens, for years he leased land free to community for school, church and cemetery.
First school, named for Edward Stevenson (land donor), began before 1872.
Now farm and ranch area. (1971)
Marker No: 9257
Aluminum 18 x 28 Subject Marker
Geographic: 30.860558, -97.747627
Location: 4 miles east of Florence on FM 487, 0.5 mile north on FM 2843, 0.2 mile northwest on CR 230