Natural Bridge Caverns
Marker Text: Discovered March 27, 1960, by four students of St. Mary's University, San Antonio. Named for the rock bridge that marks entrance. Dedicated on August 5, 1964 by Governor John Connally.
Of early cretaceous age; still forming. Site of artifacts from 5,00 B.C. and human remains at least 8,000 years old; also Indian campsites. (1967)
Marker No: 3552
Aluminum 20 x 20 Subject Marker
National Register of Historic Places
Location: from New Braunfels about 8.5 miles west, caverns located on FM 1863