Old Bastrop Academy Bell
Marker No: 9149
Marker Text: Cast 1850. Bastrop ladies collected money, and bell was brought here in 1851 by steamer "Water Mockasin."
In 1892, no longer used to summon school classes, it was placed in a cupola at the Methodist Church; since 1928, in this campanile. (1966)
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: 1201 North Main Street, Bastrop