Old Depot Hotel
Marker No: 15476
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Text: Built about 1872 by Mr. and Mrs. Carl Schaeffer and called at various times, "Schaeffer's Boardinghouse", "The Railroad House", and St. Louis House.
A block east of the Houston & Texas Central Railway depot, it also accommodated passengers traveling two other railroads and four stagecoach lines.
Has 24-inch walls of locally quarried stone and a roof of cedar shingles. Restored 1964 by Mr. and Mrs. Glenn M. Tooke, Jr. (1966)
Location: 504 East 5th, Austin