Marker Text: Earliest settlement in Bell County; founded 1834 by men of the Sterling Robertson colony.
Named for family of John Burnet Reed who in 1859 built near here his large house that is still in use also put in cotton gin, and gave sites for a school and cemetery. (1967)
Marker No: 4222
Aluminum 14 x 24 Subject Marker
Geographic: 30.949762, -97.317497
Location: From Rogers, take FM 36 northwest about .75 mile to Reed's Lake Road. Go west on Reed's Lake Road (veering left twice) about 4.75 miles to Reed's Lake Cemetery.