Salado Methodist Church
Marker Text: Building erected 1890 for a congregation organized 1854 at site on Salado Creek. Circuit riders serving congregation included the Rev. J.E. Ferguson, father of a Texas governor.
Building committee for this church: J.L. Bailey, W.H. Cawthon, J.M. Porter. Charlie Bailey and Wallie Harkey drove wagons to haul the lumber from Austin, about 50 miles to the south.
Original members' families still worship here. (1969)
Marker No: 4494
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places
Geographic: 30.947834, -97.538368
Location: 650 Royal Street, Salado