Sattler Post Office
Marker Text: A founding colonist in New Braunfels, Wilhelm (William) Sattler later made his home in this area of Comal County and applied for a contract with the U.S. government for mail service. The Sattler Post Office was granted in 1856, with William's son Henry as first postmaster. Originally located in the Sattler House, it soon was relocated to this cabin, one of three built on the family homestead. Constructed of native juniper logs held together with simple saddle notching and chinking of straw and caliche mud, the cabin last housed the Sattler Post Office in 1880.
Marker No: 12705
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: 271 Point Creek Road, Canyon Lake