Site of Old Gill Farm
Marker Text: Settled 1874 by W. A. Gill (1843-1889), son of W. S. Gill, hero of Battle of San Jacinto.
W. A. fought in Civil War and was a Captain in the Texas Rangers. His sons E. V. and Fleet lived here for many years.
Remains in this family plot were moved in 1964 to Buffalo Cemetery (1mile N). (1968)
Marker No: 4849
Aluminum 14 x 24 Subject Marker
Location: from Comanche, take SH 16 northeast about 4 miles, then go east on county road about 4 miles, at Old Gill Farm and Family Cemetery, Copperas Creek Park on Proctor Lake