Marker Text: Victorian house built in 1900 by Herman L. and Katy Stricker, business, civic, social leaders. Stricker was a jeweler; his wife, daughter of Confederate General William H. Hamman. Mrs. Stricker led in movement to erect League of Women's meeting house, now the Calvert Library building.
In 1913, banker H. Marvin Sneed and his wife Cara (Weber) bought the house; their heirs sold it to Mr. and Mrs. Kimbrough Gray, 1970. (1973)
Marker No: 10951
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: 503 Pin Oak Street, Calvert