Marker Text: Thomas Jefferson and Mary Lelia (Sherman) Dick lived on their north Galveston County "Buckhorn Ranch" for many years before hiring J. R. Beerwort and O. V. King to build this house in 1904. It is a good example of a 2-story center passage plan with a double gallery accented by turned columns, latticework and balustrade. T. J., acclaimed for his role in building the Galveston seawall, was divorced from Mary Lelia in 1920. The house remained in her family until 1989. (1993)
Marker No: 7429 & ?????
Medallion & Plate & Medallion
Texas Historic Landmark
Location: 720 Second Street, League City