Marker Text: Taylor County was created in 1858 and named for three Tennesseans, Edward, James, and George Taylor. They all gave their lives at the Alamo in 1836. (1936)
Marker No: 5207
1936 Centennial County Highway Marker
Geographic: 32° 27.329′ N, 99° 49.872′ W
Location: U.S. 84 0.7 miles west of Fulwiler Road, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located at a pullout from the westbound lanes of the divided highway US 84. Marker can only be accessed from the westbound lanes of US 84.