The Isgrig House
Marker Text: Late Victorian house with art glass windows, shingled gables. Ornate gingerbread trim. Large rooms have 12-foot ceilings.
Built in 1898 of cedar lumber, hand-picked by the owner. John H. Luck, assisted by Jeff Tanner, a highly respected Negro builder working out of lumber yard of S.K. Seymour.
B.F. Isgrig bought the property in 1916, descendants. Including a son, Nathan Powderly Isgrig have since occupied and preserved it. (1973)
Marker No: 2657
Medallion & Plate
Texas Historic Landmark
Geographic: 29.713217, -96.540398
Location: 436 Smith Street, Columbus